of IP over Analog
More and more video surveillance solutions are being achieved using high-res, digital IP cameras, and leveraging IP-based technologies. IP cameras transmit their video directly over a network, providing tremendous flexibility in how the video is viewed, recorded, and archived. In addition, the cameras can be easily setup and configured from a standard web browser.
- Megapixel IP cameras deliver over one million pixels of resolution, allowing the ability to zoom into recorded video with limited image pixilation. Say goodbye to grainy CCTV footage!
- High megapixel IP cameras can effectively cover wider areas than their analog counterparts, so fewer cameras are necessary to cover the same space
- Most IP cameras offer Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities, which means the camera receives its power over the Ethernet connection and does not require a separate power supply. This results in savings—both in installation costs and energy consumption
- Superior Wide Dynamic Range IP cameras perform in even the most challenging lighting conditions, such as when capturing backlit windows or doorways
- The wide screen aspect ratios of IP cameras provide more "live" area where action is most likely happening
- Depending on the video management system in use, video from IP cameras can be viewed from anywhere, including smartphones and tablets